"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Sunday, May 19, 2013

factual friday

on Sunday night ... cuz let's face it .. whose got the time?

When I was a kid, I watched a guy wrestle an alligator at the local county fair. It was just a little disillusioning to find out that it was a baby. 

Attempting to change this baby's diaper lately ...


Not much different than that spectacle and no longer disillusioning.

Annie performed beautifully in Alice in Wonderland as a chorus member playing a card in the Queen's deck and dancing in the Caucus Race. She looked like she was having the time of her life.



Dora's biggest fan .. and would be stalker.


Janie's musical program and she beamed like this through the entire thing. That stuff is right up her alley.



Mornings start like this.


I planned to be in the best shape of my life, write a book, hike a fourteener, join a rock climbing club ... all by my 40th birthday. Turns out all that other stuff was just too hard so I cut my hair instead.

No better way to celebrate than with these people.



And great friends who know me well enough to throw a small family party rather than invite everyone I know.


Mostly, I don't ever want to forget how those fat little thighs feel in my supporting hand as that soft baby leaned against me.


This favorite gift from my favorite friend of my favorite daughter named Annie. Seriously, I'm going to adopt her.



Celia was inducted into the Spanish National Honor Society.



There was some candle lighting and chanting. She got tickled at the thought of having joined a cult and her laughter made her snuff out her own candle.



That girl works so very hard.



Teeth.



Field day excitement.



Sunday walks and wagon giggles.



A little light reading on a fourteen year old boy's nightstand.


It's working because this window washer has won me over as a friend for life.


Looks like he'll need to do the insides again ;)


Some moments should be breathed in deeply. And that's a fact.






2 comments:

  1. Happy happy Birthday Marlowe!!!! Love you hair - it looks it great!! And I love your pics. Especially the first one with you and your girls (and one of your boys :)! All those girls! Sigh!!! I am one of 7 girls and the thought of only having 2 daughters is HARD for me.....we'll see what the future brings ;)!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I breathe deeply every day....still doesn't slow things down enough though! Happy birthday, Marlowe! I am glad you chose the path the led you into mine....which wouldn't have happened if you had chosen the....hiked a fourteener or rock climbing club. I have no idea what a fourteener even is. Now, babies....I know.

    ReplyDelete