"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

charlotte is one

One means the ending of baby-ness. The legs start working, the baby fat melts away, things get toothy, and dangerous. Climbing things. Dare deviling. Opinions.

I'm not sure if I'm ready.

Part of me feels ready for her because she is ready.

Part of me clings to that desire to have that baby need me like I need her.

But she doesn't seem to notice. She's eager to go.

So crossing over that first line in the sand ... she's off. Happy birthday sweet Charlotte!








3 comments:

  1. I love that she's starting to get hair like Eliza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww....sniff....sniff. She is just so totally perfect from head to toe. Happy Birthday! Oh, and I love Celia's headband. Did she make it or buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla, I think she made it at a church activity.

      Delete