"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

fall break

Most everyone I know is either on fall break or headed into one.


It's about time because the lunch making crews were beginning to slap together the lunches rather than those neat rows of labeled sacks I like to see lined up before we all head to bed ...... boys.


I'm on a cup washing boycott.


Charlotte is on a "stay seated in the highchair" one.


The girls and I had a fun ladies night out while they boys attended the priesthood session of general conference. All of which was awesome and meant just for me as always :)


My heart literally skipped a beat over these girls who wanted to be here on the first day of the break. It nearly burst when that number doubled at my offer to attend this morning's open session.


I used to dread so much unscheduled downtime. It was hard to keep the peace at a super charged, fun infused level for an entire week.

Nowadays, I can hardly pull them away from friends, leisure reading, or the plethora of random activities they want to do while not being bugged by a mom who wants to go and do something.





But every once in awhile, I can peak their interest to come and hang out with me.


Especially when it's an all time favorite.








And then I have to spend the rest of the week worried about what they might be dreaming up to do when my head is turned and they're tired of just hanging around.




No comments:

Post a Comment