"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, November 28, 2013

the root of all gratitude is happiness

We are celebrating a family reunion over our Thanksgiving holiday. 

Before we left, we wrapped up half of the refrigerator post-its to send to my sister for her own project. Then realized I'd not grabbed a full picture of our Happiness Project.


But, I could not help getting a closer look at what was left. 

Throughout this month I have spent many a day that felt just too cold, too long or too full ... basking in the warmth of each and every one.

I don't want to take them down.




Some of them warmed my heart.





Some of them made me laugh.


Some were laughingly reproachful ;)


And some of them were just wishful thinking.



But each and every one filled me with happiness and gratitude to be able to share this time together and experience so many simple pleasures throughout this life. 


Happy Thanksgiving. May it be full of happiness!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! What a great little snapspot of how your family was feeling in 2013!

    ReplyDelete