"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, December 6, 2013

factual friday

The real life that is going on around us.


This is how we officially knew that Halloween was over.


Nothing could have made my heart melt more than watching my son pass the sacrament with his new friends in the Chennai branch.

And sneaking a peak at my girl who understood nothing from the lesson other than the Young Women motto.


I think grandparents ran a little too gleefully for their car when we walked in the door.

Grandma said that Grandpa was trying to stop some arguing by announcing that contention was of the devil.  Eliza stopped still and wide-eyed asked him to prove it.

Doesn't he look happy to be on his way again?


I love little sibling secret surprises that spring up to make birthdays special. Most especially when I had no idea they were happening.


Just cuz she's cute.


Realizing there was only one school Thanksgiving dinner to look forward to. No more days of sitting through three hours of lunch shifts, nursing one plate of turkey and hoping everyone feels like I came for them and them alone.

Despite my past feelings ... nostalgia kicked in.


Lately, if I don't pay attention, I may get forked, I may get my toes tapped on, or I may get both simultaneously.


Every one of Eliza's "happinesses" had to do with a color of the day.


Janie made the highest honors of the honor society .... she craves being celebrated by her fan club.



Celia was inducted into the National Honor's Society.




Fun to see her with her friends in their world, though she craves motherly fan club attention less.


Especially when mother's wrinkle their brows at accidentally capturing close encounters of attentive young men :/


Charlotte has become so darn clingy lately ... most especially during dinner hours.

Some times I just quit trying because this won't last forever and I'll miss it.


Sometimes the show must go on and I enlist the help of others.



I loved the littlest pet shop.


And those tap shoes when they aren't on my own toes.


It's been so cold around here that we had to build a fort on the heater.


One week an entire village sprung up in my living room.


I cam home from date night on Friday and there were people actually living in those houses.


Even big people.


Reminded me of those Dr. Seuss books where the people's feet stick out of the beds .. or houses. Whatever.


I had a melt down fit about public school's move toward a "paperless" society. How's a family our size supposed to get math and reading done on just a few family computers?

I found out folks were skipping assignments because they didn't have it in them to fight for time.

I have one boy who looses concentration really easily when asked to read or calculate on a screen.

I don't leave to run a child somewhere with other's left behind on computers.

And where is that book fee I paid at the beginning of the year going anyway?

My pleas to teachers for books and paper homework were fruitless.

See?

Meltdown.

I gave up on having a proper dining room and turned ours into a computer lab after scrounging computers from Newel's office.

It's been a workable solution to an uphill battle I can't seem to win.


And just because I love watching her little chubby fist dig at the bottom of that box for that last few raisins. If I were a container manufacturer, I'd make those boxes round just to accommodate.


Those are our facts.

1 comment: