"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, January 13, 2014

little stuff

Over that Christmas hump, I start looking for spring.

I know. It's not even close. 

So, I tackled spring cleaning like it just might be.

That's where I've been. Running my carpet cleaner in hopes of just one bucket of semi-less--murky water to dump. No chance. Weeding kids clothes. Bagging donations.

Newel helped me clean out some computer files. Which cause a whole lotta consternation, frustration, and hair pulling. I'll give him credit. He was pretty darn patient where I was not.


Christian came home more relaxed than I've seen him in a long time, from his final board of review to Eagle Scout. More on that to come.


Then this happened.


And my relaxation vanished just a bit ;)


He's proving to be pretty good. And man o' man, can I get anything out of that boy just for a chance to drive me somewhere. Saturday, I got an entire clean barn and not a word of complaint.



We are ankle deep in legos right now. Everyone is addicted. It's what they do. It's what they live for.


Other than this...



Grant had a wax museum presentation at school. I'd love to say he worked hard on it. But, he got to a certain part of the report and then he accidentally delete the whole darn thing ... twice.

Then some really dedicated sisters swirled around him and whipped his deal back into shape, without even having to be asked.


And I couldn't help but let my frustration melt watching him show off his baby to his friends.




With the kids back to school, it's just us once again.



Some early morning hilarity.



And those bangs I don't know what to do about.


She's into drawing on everything she can get her hands on with any writing instrument she can grab.

And she's fast.


I really could eat these two.


Really.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those faces! I could eat them too....if it wouldn't be too weird for an internet friend to fly over and take a chomp out of those cute little cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete