"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Sunday, March 9, 2014

passed over birthday

Celia had a birthday this past week. 17. I can't believe it.

It could probably be considered the lamest celebration ever because we had to literally beg, borrow and steal time with her.


It's like that nowadays.


When she wasn't in school, she was crazy busy in practice, production and performance of nightly and matinee showings of Music Man.

More on that later.


I'm hoping to take a minute and post properly about the gal she is to us.

In the meantime, she sure is something special to our family. 

And we love her. 

And life is really quiet when she's not around.

And we wish we'd been able to have more than just a quick piece of cheese cake at 10 o'clock at night, or a kidnapping for hibachi dinner decked out in stage makeup and aqua-net hair, or a mother/daughter lunch because state-wide testing gave us a rare half day together (thought not on the birthday day itself).

We made do.

And we hope in the little stolen moments of time, that you know how much we love you and love to be with you.

Happy 17th Birthday, Celia!


2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Celia! Every time you post pics of her growing older I think of that time we visited you right after I graduated high school and Celia and I played duets. ;) It's crazy to think that she is almost as old as I was then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CL! I think on that visit all the time and can't believe it myself! Where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete