"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, April 28, 2014

prom 2014

I remember walking into the bathroom and finding this little twenty-one month old girl sitting inside the top drawer of the bathroom counter with her face shmeared with all ... and I do mean all ... of my "makeups" .... which was the only word she would say over and over when I caught her.

It hurts my heart to see little girls turn into beautiful young women.

It makes my heart leap just a bit, too.

We sewed a dress. We jewelry shopped. We youtube-d hair do's. We splurged on a manicure. 

But in spite of our best efforts, believe if or not she was still prettier inside than out.









































6 comments:

  1. OH, Marlowe, Celia? I have a picture of her inside my makeup box singing at the top of her lungs and going through my makeups too. How did she get so big? And so beautiful?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The dress turned out great! Now, tell me about this boy! Do we like him? Is he nice to Celia? I loved that their outfits were so different than everyone else's. The picture of all the guys lined up, looks like they are on an album cover shot of the next big thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kayla, we do like him … and even better because he leaves for a two year church mission in 25 days ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my Marlowe!!! Celia is beautiful! Love her hair and her expression of happiness! Such fun! Your pictures are wonderful! Gave me lots of ideas for tonite and tomorrow night...2 proms back to back! Now where is that picture of 20 month Celia with all the makeup?? hugs, cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I do not know! Where does the time go?!?

      Delete
  4. Had to look at all of these photos again! Love the girls hair photo, the one of the guys (wow!) and the swing pics are precious!!!

    ReplyDelete