"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

spring break

I feel so grateful that we are able to escape with our little people as often as we do.


It is always a reminder that I should give the projects, jobs and responsibilities of life a little less weight so I can feel this way all of the time.





For a just a bit, we set aside the carpools, the practices, the schedules, the regular chores, the bedtime routines, the homework, the obligations, the to-do lists ... and I can just be the mom next to this great dad.




Who, by the way, we missed incredibly through the last six weeks of back to back business travel. 



We could not get enough of him.


His birthday fell in the middle of our spring break and we couldn't have been more delighted to spend time with him doing what he loves best.




I didn't worry so much about being behind a camera.

There's no camera in the world that could capture how my heart skips a beat watching all my little ones follow .. or race ..  him down a ski slope, anyway.




Mushy as that sounds, we love him and hope his birthday amid the hoopla was great.

It was certainly nice to have him back with us.




And though I know that life can't be just one big vacation all of the time ...




And all that stuff that keeps my brain half-preoccupied on a regular basis will creep back in the minute the suitcases hit the entry hall ...








I count my blessings every day through all of the daily weight, that I get to be their mother along side my best friend in the world.


1 comment:

  1. As usual, too much I could say. So, I will just say this....:D

    ReplyDelete