"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, June 5, 2014

and .. that's a wrap

There was snow just three weeks ago. 


Someone flipped a switch and I'm afraid to jinx this.



We usually lay down on the finish line of school. This year hasn't been so bad. Maybe I'm learning what I can and can't do. 

Grant is my first child in years who cared if I came to field day.

So I couldn't resist complying.

He was so anxious for me to see his entire school kick it all off with military style push ups.


And some Pilate's moves they had learned.


I loved the glimpse into his world with these friends of his.



Then there's this teacher he has loved to death all year … probably because he IS Grant in another fifteen years ;)






Charlotte .. who apparently comes with her own tissue box lately … and Eliza were kind of excited to be a part of a big kids world for awhile.


Mostly the last weeks of school feel like a wash as I hear about class time movies or jaunts to the park across the street.

Big kids endured finals.

Some had projects to wrap up.

Janie had been working away at this "who-done-it" rendition of The Three Billy Goat's Gruff for her drama class.


She wrangled Grant into staying up late one night to help color that backdrop.


She was in charge of costume design as well. Needless to say, they were a cute performing bunch of goats.


Annie graduated from middle school and I'll now be the mother of three high school students. How can that be?




I can't believe how she's growing up. This was to commemorate her birthday but I'll put it here just the same.

I think I'm shrinking.


I'm just blown away by time.


We are so proud of her. She had a great cheering section.


Who actually looked more like this during the too long principle's speeches.



And another year has flown. I can't stand it. So, I'll soak in every minute I've got before we do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment