"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, November 17, 2014

gratitude rooted in happiness - a family night

We've begun our month of gratitude with our annual family night of happiness.

This girl here was pleased as punch to be conducting our meeting and making assignments that night.


A good friend of mine sent me such a super article about "happiness" and I loved it so much I drew the lesson from it's teachings.

We wrote out the characteristics of happy people so we could look at it every day this month and maybe find a couple of areas that we could personally work on.


And then those notes of absolutely favorite things in this world that make us happy from the bottoms of our toes, just flowed.


Our happiness wall has begun to grow.


That one in the middle says "helping sisters". Love that. I should put one beside it about how much I love that early writing development :)


We've had some pretty cold days lately so this one is agreed on by all.


But as I stand there reading the new ones added every morning, I can feel my own self well up with gratitude that comes from all these happiest of things that make me glad to meet each day.


More about our tradition in this month of thanksgiving HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment