"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

progressing personally

Currently, I have the best job there is at our church in teaching these beautiful young women (among some others that I also adore!).

I was their age just a minute ago and I remember what it was like. 


The Latter-day Saint young women's program has a pretty intensive award that takes hours upon hours … and maybe a few years in there, too :) …. to complete. 

These girls I love, right along with our own little Annie, were honored by receiving theirs recently.




She stood there sharing her testimony of her knowledge and I was just flooded with appreciation for great leaders who fill the gaps I lack.

Through that "Personal Progress" program, she has truly bloomed.

I've watched her internalize scriptures, pray more effectively, master self confidence and see a bigger picture of herself. She and I have had long discussions about how we can't change circumstances or those around us, only ourselves.


She's a beautiful example of that.




Celia also received an "honor bee" that night, for mentoring and hours of service.



I hope these girls of mine can see that the great choices that they make daily are what help them progress in a spiritually personal way.  Not by assignment, but by choice.




And I just love to see all that they can "become".


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh. I've worked in YW before but was recently sustained as a counselor over the Beehives. I'm so happy. And I love these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! If you can say that about a calling ;) ... it's a great place to be :)

    ReplyDelete