"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

four day weekend just because

When I was a kid, my mom took us on a vacation to the beach while my dad finished up some work at home and she did it all by herself. I'm sure she had grand visions in her head of all the joyful bonding we'd do, laughing all the way.

I can remember a strained tone to her voice because I'm pretty sure we weren't super helpful. One child fell down the back steps of the house to the pavement below giving us a scare. Worse, a teenage brother fell off the dock while fishing at low tide into the murky barnacles of the marsh slicing his back badly and needing a trip to the ER.

Sometimes trips are just memorable for the pain they cause.

Our latest weekend getaway (though I love four day weekend escapes and feel lucky to have them) was similar though not as extreme.

And I say that just so's life around here doesn't always seem glossy though we pave it with the best of intentions ;)

I listened to THIS today on the treadmill and it said so much I needed to hear.

Most especially this gem:

"...where your treasure is
there will your heart be also ..."
Matthew 6:21

Just the gentle reminder I needed, that these people whom I treasure hold all of my heart and the more I treasure them, the more my heart bursts to do and be all that they need. And how can I be luckier than that?






















2 comments:

  1. Your pictures make me smile! Your sentiments make me smile bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kayla! Can't believe how all of yours are growing too!!

      Delete