"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

thirteen

I wish that there were more one on one moments like those we make time for on birthdays. 

We get them in snippets but a birthday is special.

This year, Janie's birthday fell on a day with no school and we stole away, just the two of us, to do her favorite things.

She carried the conversation with all the happenings of life that I'd been missing. We talked away. And it hit me ... 

She and I are going to be great friends because when we get out of the stresses of school, competition for attention, and fight to be heard ... we communicate and enjoy everything about each other. 

I love her fire and her drive.

I love her organized ways.

I love her friendships and her dedication to them.

I love how she gets things done. 

I love all her quirks

I love her depth.

And I'm so grateful that she came to teach me so very many things.

Happy Birthday, Janie! Thank you for sharing it with me.












No comments:

Post a Comment