"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, May 15, 2015

all that goes with fifteen

Annie understands the term "fashionably late" better than anyone. So, she won't mind that I've been slack in posting.

We've spent a lot of time swirling and whirling in all the razz matazz that goes with turning 15.

Namely this ...



Oh wow. These little girls ran crazed around the DMV until I relinquished my phone for a game. I'm betting they photobombed half a dozen license pictures for people. Yikes.



Three teenage drivers is making me old really, REALLY fast.



But before we could get that permit, we had to do this ...




Which has a learning curve almost as big as driving. I couldn't be more grateful that I don't have to stick my finger in my eyeball every day. I'm too squeamish.

Annie's big day fell on an off day of school for her. We had it all to ourselves for a day of shopping.

We met up with the entire family later for dinner together.



The boys were with Newel so we took advantage of that fading daylight while we waited for them to arrive at the restaurant.


I had an overwhelming moment of togetherness because it seems like lately everyone is in a different direction and having them all in one space at one time, is rare. 

And it's coming to an end quickly which we won't think about.

I tried to get them all in one picture but that is impossible because everyone ignores me like I'm invisible.

So here we are with Grant hiding behind Christian ...


And now Eliza is behind Newel ...


I can't win but you get the idea.

The cute young women of our ward stopped by to wish her a happy birthday.


There was her traditional favorite, key lime pie.


Squeezed in before bedtime ;)



She's such a beauty. 

In all that she is, she's beautiful.

She takes such good care of these little people. She is the very best friend. She can tell when I'm caving and comes to my rescue. She sees the needs of others. 


And though I'm quickly growing shorter by the day, I'm so very lucky to be her mother. Happy birthday, Annie! I love you forever and always.



2 comments:

  1. She looks so stinking happy behind the wheel!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only wish I'd taken a selfie .... holy cow. I'm feeling older by the minute ;)

      Delete