"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

convocation

The night of honors convocation, I sat on those bleachers feeling like I'd just sat there for freshman orientation.

How could that be?

I was so nervous for a first child to navigate the hardness that high school is.


But she did it and with flying colors.



We were utterly shocked when individual department awards were given out and she was announced as the English department winner.


I was totally engrossed in that that teacher had to say about her and afterward kicked myself for not having recorded his sweet sentiments.


"One day we will read in print something great she has written."

We were blown away.





Newel was one proud dad.






She was pretty decorated.




And then we walked down that main hallway one last time.


Still wondering where the time had gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment