"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, June 5, 2015

school end wrap up

No one, and I mean no one, loved teachers like Celia loved hers.

She had a few whose classes she lived for.

It was a special honor to recognize one of her favorites at a teacher appreciation dinner held at our church. Hard not to well up at her beautiful tribute as I sat there amazed at the sponge that girl is.



Each youth had an opportunity to recognize their favorite but you could tell that each senior held every one of those teachers in the highest regard.


These theater kids just love this one who will be leaving the department next year. He will be missed.


Here are all graduating youth in our stake from our high school.


And here they are with their seminary teacher who they adore.


One of those delinquent nights where my brain was befuddled with too many places to be, Celia walked in from her Spanish Honors Society Convocation. She received her cords for graduation that night.

I had missed it and yes ... had a good cry in the closet later. But she was so good to downplay it's importance to try and make me feel better.


One early morning, Janie was recognized for making the Honor Roll and Principal's Excellence.



Afterward, I learned that she had a bet going with her friends that I would miss it. Ouch.


How I do love to see her in her own element.


We did make it. And we made it on time. But we may or mau not have had cookies for breakfast at the after-reception.


Janie works harder than anyone I have ever seen. She claimed all year to have major project after major project.

I wasn't sure I believed her until I was cleaning out left over backpack supplies. Her planner doesn't lie because all I see is projects.


Grant had an oral report as George Washington. Man, does that kid love history.


He did a spectacular job pulling a costume together out of nothing.


Celia's last day was a week before everyone else. Definitely well deserved after all those AP finals.

I found her getting ready on that last day with tears streaming, singing along to "One Day More" from Les Miserables.


Having her home a week before the others gave us priceless mornings.


And she came along to kindergarten to listen to Eliza's oral report.



Charlotte was pleased as punch to be in the kindergarten class room.


And once we were all free of the school schedule, we celebrated in grand style with the greatest find from the grocery store ... ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment