"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

grant at 11

Working on a project for these first weeks of school with Grant, I flipped through pictures of the last three years searching for just the right one we needed.

The searching sort of slapped me in the face at how quickly distance grows from what one wants to remember.

And how fast things change.

And how time flies.

So, while a predominantly whiny three-year-old (whose 24/7 disposition is the one thing that doesn't seem to change) attempts to lay across my arms to cease my typing ability  ...

I just wanted to note this boy's birthday before eleven turned to twelve. 



He is sunshine to my soul.

He begins everything with a smile.

He loves with a big heart.

He listens with an open ear.

He learns with a willing mind.

He sees with a colorful eye.

And he makes the best friend a girl could ever want.




I love you to pieces, Grant. Don't grow any further than today.

2 comments: