"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, September 28, 2015

at the house and people we love

I've mentioned before the building of eternal relationships. We met so many with whom we will be connected forever and love with all our hearts.

The warmth in this woman's house didn't even allow us to miss the lack of hot water in her shower. Edena is amazing. I could sit and talk with her all night ... and almost did ;)


And so many laughs with Charity. How can one woman come from such hard days at the local hospital and still lift others with her lightness of heart. My new example always.


Sampa makes meals to die for. I stood over her shoulder stealing recipes as well as her techniques. She taught me perhaps the most valuable lesson of all ...  keep it simple so there is more time to spend with the people you love rather than for the people you love.


With the help of Yvonne.



She dressed up nshima to taste like heaven at the end of a day.



These beautiful girls help their momma (Yvonne). They are so sharp .... and witty ... and cute!




This fine gentleman keeps things tidy.


And these ladies blessed every day by doing our laundry and changing our beds.


As well as teaching the value of a dryer.


Sleeping under the mosquito net is kind of romantic in a dreamy sort of way ... unless you get malaria, I guess.


Not a day goes by that we don't think of Fred. (Look, Fred, now you are famous on our family blog and "The Facebook"  ;)



I hope this entire family is loving up those beautiful twins that were born right after we left. Jackie and Lord just radiate sunshine.


Beautiful inside and out, Sharon.



Faith and I are mothers of strong willed little girls among other children. She and George are two of my favorite people on earth.



Josephine. She's a woman of strength like I can only dream to be.


Next year my gardens are going to be a huge improvement because of Justin and his knowledgeably about growing against all odds. Talking successful planting strategies with limited water supply and excessive heat over the rows of his gardens was a gift. He doesn't waste even the smallest of seedling sprouts and there's a whole metaphor in that for another day.



And Meshach ... my friend ... I'm coming back for that cosway hunt one day. Even though I'm pretty sure you are still trying to take me on an African version of a snipe hunt.



These and so many more. My life is more full for having met you. I'm so grateful for friendships forged in this life that will carry beyond this short lifetime.

"If we have no peace it is because we have forgotten that 
we belong to each other."
-- Mother Teresa



All of my love!

1 comment: