"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

african beauty

I read a book to a group of girls gathered at my feet on the playground. The title, "Tell Me Something Good Before I Go To Sleep."

I closed the last page. "What is something good you think of before you go to sleep?" I ask the closest smiling face.

"God." she says definitively.

I ask the same question to the next. "God." she answers back.

Seeing the repetitive pattern here, I change the question just a bit. "What do you think of when you think of God before you go to sleep?" I direct the question to the next beautifully upturned face.

"I think of God and all His beauty. Like the color blue ... the smell of rain ... the warmth of sunshine ... the sound of laughing. No matter what, He gives me every new day." 























No comments:

Post a Comment