"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Friday, October 16, 2015

making house a home

Our return home came with a rough re-entry to every day life. 

Not long after, we headed into some minor home renovations. They felt petty and useless. I called my sister-in-law-decorator/contractor and told her to cancel to work.

Until I remembered Judy.

Water cost per gallon at the local well, don't deter her investment in the beauty of her home with her collection of plants that require that necessary resource. Adding peace and tranquility to a home is important.


Even far .. far away.


I've always loved though rarely lived by, the quote, "If you come to see me .. come on in. If you come to see my house ... make an appointment."

Judy was all smiles, pushing each of her children forward to meet and greet, taking by the hand to come into her home. No apologies for piles of laundry or concerns over corners of dirt. Just pure pleasure to see and be seen









A life lived only in the mirror of the eyes of friends.


1 comment: