"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

school

I recently found myself going head to head in teenageville. Apparently, I've got a lot of "rules". 

Standing over the soapy water of the kitchen sink, I felt the fury bore into the back of my head.

"You know what, Mom," I cringed at the momentary vehemence. "I've learned something after all these years ... the only way out of here is to get an education so I'm not stuck under your roof forever!"

I put on my best hurt face.

We live where education is mandatory. Others live where education is financial privilege.  It's a deliverance. A blessing. A gift to be revered.

In the city:















And the village:





















No comments:

Post a Comment