"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

halloweening

This is the first year I've looked up and realized that more than half of my children have been somewhere else on Halloween. With friends, at parties, in college. It was hard to wrap my brain around.

There were some pretty creative costumes but each was up and gone so quickly, I didn't get anything to remember them by.

But they were all accommodating with pumpkin carving for family home evening on Monday night.



Even a friend joined to fill in our empty seat.



Great family night treats keeps them around ;)



There was some great creativity.


We spent the week turning our barn into a giant barn party for all of our kids friends. It was so much fun and not a pic to tell about it. But I'm sure the neighbors ears are still ringing from the sound of chainsaws and screaming youth through the woods in the dark of night.

We did catch up with "Elsa" at the school Halloween parade.


"Anna" could NOT have been more excited to be at school.


In fact, her love of all things school made my heart hurt a little that I have wanted to keep her home for as long as possible. I suddenly felt selfish. This girl wants to go so, so badly.



I think when Charlotte arrived at the classroom, everyone else disappeared for Eliza.




Halloween night, we enjoyed the neighborhood hayride trick or treating. It's the very best solution for our rural community.





Charlotte was a costume changer and her good humor didn't last very long.



But that's where good friends come in handy.


And fun neighbors.


I just love the fall.



1 comment:

  1. Okay, the "Elsa" and "Anna" pictures at school sort of hurt my heart - they are so cute!!! Love Elsa's messy falling down hair too. Your hayride, trick or treating makes me a little jealous too! I completely.....completely understand the heartache surrounding all the kids not being around for some of your traditions. We had the same problem this year and I don't have any in college yet! :(

    ReplyDelete