"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Monday, November 30, 2015

not ready to end

Today there's piles of laundry to do. Things to put away. Kids at school and the oldest safely tucked back to college.

I wasn't ready for it all to end.

I stood at the top of the mountain with a grumpy and cold child. The wind was biting despite the blue sky and bright sun. Looking for a remedy to her discomfort, I told her to close her eyes and turn her face to the sun. Together we focused on the warmth coming from the direct light and that made it impossible to feel the bite of the cold. Attention could not be divided for both. So we chose to be warm.

Three more weeks and we'll do it again. But in the meantime, I hope I remember to STOP and FEEL every day.


































No comments:

Post a Comment