"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

stuff that's been happening

We fluctuate between this:


And this:


We couldn't contain ourselves and had to go to the zoo to soak it in.



Newel and Grant took a date to go watch a friend race his car around the track. They put Grant in the passenger seat for a ride along. I think it was the best minute of his little life so far.


I've been doing a lot of this lately. Just cuddling up a girl who's arms and legs seem to get longer and longer by the day.


Christian's arms and legs are longer and longer too.


I went on a business retreat with Newel. Charlotte tried to sneak her stuff in the other side of my suitcase. I think there's a blanket, some paper and some markers. All the essentials.


This woke me up from a much needed nap one day. I think there was some enthusiasm over some pink crystals found in the yard.


Charlotte earned a trip to our new candy shop on Main Street. She was so excited to find pale blue crystal suckers. She called them "Frozen Wands" and insisted we get two ... One for her and one for Eliza. I just loved her enthusiasm to share with a sister.

Waiting for Eliza to get home from school must have worn her completely out that afternoon.


I still love swinging into the high school parking lot and catching kids after school engrossed in their own little world.


More home schooling with Grant who some days thinks he should just hang in his pj's.


Sometimes while we are working, Charlotte does little activities like sorting and categorizing collections of seashells.


A rare date out with almost all of my girls.


A day off from school and I just loved picking up these two. Their faces were so radiant and content when on their way to my car.


Every day, we wait and wait. The enthusiasm is always the same. Life's just a little too quiet without them around and Charlotte's sentiments are contagious:

No comments:

Post a Comment