"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

prom 2016

Getting ready for a prom is a lot different for a son than a daughter.

I remarked at 4:00pm on the day of, that it was strange not to be zipping along fussing over hair or hemming dresses at the last minute.

It gave me time to really be in the moment and see this boy of mine turning into a man.


And to let my heart skip a beat for just a minute over that little fact.



Even when he cried uncle over my picture taking.




This gorgeous girl agreed to be his date.



They've been good friends for a really long time.




She's a real beauty, inside and out. (Even in a wind storm ;)









This is one great group. It's not easy to coordinate things like dinner, the dance, after prom and all that hoopla, but these guys took the lead to ensure that these young women had a spectacular evening to be remembered.







These two will always be connected no matter where they go. I just know it. 



I've said it before, I just love watching him in his world, the one he lives in day after day the minute he leaves my front door.



He's growing up. A fact I cannot stop. 


And I love all that he is growing into.




No comments:

Post a Comment