"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Thursday, July 28, 2016

heaven's artistry

We've experienced some spectacular beauty on this little journey of ours.

Most of that beauty comes from what we have seen growing within ourselves.

No matter where any of us are, life travels in peaks and valleys. There are times where I just cannot believe these fantastic folks are mine and sure enough, minutes later teasing turns to tears. 

When real life doesn't match up with some ideal picture I've created, I find myself sinking ... even in a place as beautiful as this.

But the key difference between wallowing in frustration and finding inner peace comes in our reaction to the flaws of life.

Practice in learning to move through imperfection with care and kindness, patience and compassion, empathy and just a little more love, brings us out on the other side hoping for some semblance of refinement.

I couldn't be more grateful for this undistracted opportunity we have had as a family to work on moving through the valley's just a little more smoothly as we climb to stunning mountain vistas; those moments where I catch my breath once again, that these are my people.

We aren't perfect at it. Not even close. Because it's just as hard for us as it is for anybody.

But, if we can take even a shred of that growth home with us, back to the messy chaos of every day life, that's all the beauty I need.



In the meantime, exploring "our estate" has held some pretty great evidence of heaven's artistry.
























And our new favorite gal, Sophie, is pretty great, too.









1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about with all those family dynamics and moving from a heart bursting with joy and love when you are all together and laughing - to the hair trigger turn it can make when things go just a bit too far! LOL But, God has blessed us both and our over arching thought and belief should be the gratitude that they have been given to us. What a blessing!

    Oh, and I used to ride side saddle with my dad on bike rides too. Great memories. He would even sometimes put a pillow there for me so I was more comfy.

    ReplyDelete