"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to let you in."

-- Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

charlotte at five

I think there's some kind of general rule that says babies born in July must be firecrackers.

Cuz this one sure is.


I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around my baby being five. That means she'll head off to our elementary school's required full day of kindergarten.

She's ready.

I'm not.


Charlotte greets every day with her own list of exciting adventures to check off her fun list.

I can hardly keep up.


She's earned the nickname "hot sauce" around here because she's fearless and adventuresome and crazy and fun all at the same time.



I'm not sure there is anyone that I know who is drinking from the well of life like this one is.

And yet, she has a perfect balance of taking the time to notice and be still and tap creativity.




Kind of like a super human. We joke that she is every best quality of every family member rolled into one spectacular being.




Definitely the icing on our cake.




She couldn't have been more excited for this big day.


And to be celebrated. We were scattered far and wide so, thanks to modern technology, we gathered to sing and blow out candles.



Don't let those facetime faces fool you ... that's their waiting-for-mom-to-use-her-inept-technology-skills-to-bring-it-all-together look.


We sure love our little hot sauce. She lights up our life.


And she's five. So she knows everything. All the time. Just ask her.

Happy Birthday, Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment